Monday, December 2, 2013

All Our Bags Are Packed...We're Ready To Go! What Christina is Carrying...

By "all our bags are packed" I actually mean one large backpack each.

Seriously, one backpack.  ONE BACKPACK!

For those that know me well, know that I can fill one large suitcase when I go away for a single weekend.  I would usually bring 3 makeup palettes, 15 lip glosses, 6 pairs of shoes and sometimes even boots should I feel like changing clothes 3 times a day.  Packing for this trip has literally been one of the most stressful things I've ever done.  To break it down, here is my final packing list (female):

Clothes (Bottoms):
1 x long dress (can double as a skirt when worn with tanks and tees)
1 x short dress (convertible from American Apparel)
2 x shorts (one denim/one back)
2 x leggings (grey and black)
1 x clamdiggers/capris

Undergarments:
1 x bra
3 x bandeau bras
9 x underwear
1 x pair of socks
1 x pj's (boxers and light shirt)

Bathing suits:
2 x convertible bikinis
1 x full piece suit

Clothes (tops):
1 x long sleeved light denim shirt
1 x lightweight hoodie
7 x tank tops

Makeup (only for special nights out):
Powder
BB Cream
Mascara
Lip gloss
Blush
Concealer
Eyeliner
Brushes

Toiletries:
Shampoo (GoToob full)
Conditioner (GoToob full)
Sea Salt Spray for hair
Razor
Blades
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Facial scrub
Sunscreen
Nail polish
Nail file
Toothbrush/paste
Dental floss
Soap to wash clothes
Diva cup (men, don't ask)
Travel straightener
Travel curling iron (yes, I need both)

Shoes:
1 x Tom's
1 x Sanuk flip flops
1 x Birkenstocks
1 x hiking sandals

Accessories:
1 x scarf
1 x hat
2 x necklaces
3 x earrings
3 x hairbands
Bobby pins
Elastics

Extras:
2 x bug spray (DEET)
1 x Citronella spray (small one)
2 x sunscreen
(First Aid Kit - being carried with Allan and contains pepto pills, advil, tylenol, immodium, polysporin, etc)

Carry-On bag:
1 x eReader
1 x iPod with headphones
1 x journal with pen
1 x pair of sunglasses
1 x sleep mask
Wallet
Cash
International Driver's License
Passport

All this weighing in at 23 pounds.  I am still amazed with myself.

I know that a lot of other people would go with less and I absolutely understand that.  I have tried to remove items even now, and have found it really tough as I truly think all of this is stuff I need and want.  Who knows, though.  I might get to SEA and realize that everything we've packed is all wrong and send it all home.

What would be an item you'd HAVE to take on holidays with you?  What could you live without?


2 comments:

  1. It seems that the clothes to toiletries ratio is off... but it certainly does seem like you packed very well and got a whole lot into a small amount of weight. I guess I'd better rethink the list I had.... 10 short dresses, 10 long dresses, 4 capris', 2 shorts, 5 bathing suits 18 pairs of shoes, etc...... HA! xoxo C

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot to fit in your carry-on, Carmen!
    From knowing what purging you did on your items for the backpack, I can truly say that I am super impressed with you packing! You did an amazing job! I will most likely pack way too much for Bali, but I'll try to purge out more before too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...