Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Backpacking Southeast Asia: The Itinerary

For those of you that don't know, I'm a very organized person and I LOVE to plan things. By plan things, I mean I love to write everything down, I want to know exactly where I am staying, for how long, I want to know how much everything costs, where we are going to eat, exactly what I am going to eat and exactly how  we are getting from place to place.....

As you can see, in addition to being very organized, I am also slightly compulsive AND maybe a bit obsessive.

Because of my OCD tenancies, planning a trip, for 3 months, to Southeast Asia has been very challenging.  Most of the awesome budget-friendly places don't have websites and just try looking up information on a roadside stand....  Needless to say, I have had to let go of the reins for this trip and I'm actually starting to enjoy it.

Our itinerary is as follows:

December 2 - 17: LAOS
(Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Tad Leuk, Kong Lor, Thakhek, Xe Champhone, Pakse and Don Det)

December 17 - January 3: CAMBODIA
(Kratie, Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Siem Reap)

January 3 - 20: VIETNAM
(Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Hoi An and Hanoi.)

 January 20 - February 10: THAILAND
(Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Sukhothai and Bangkok)

February 10 - 28: BALI
(Lovina, Ubud, Bukit Peninsula and Seminyak)

I should mention that we only have 67 days until we leave and both Allan and I are so excited.  In fact, I find it hard to think of anything else, to be honest. 

What do you guys think of the planned itinerary.  Any places we're missing?  Anything you think we should be seeing or not seeing?

 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe all the exciting places you're going to. Trip of a lifetime seems an understatement! Good for you for releasing up some control and being able to enjoy it more! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...