Monday, January 20, 2014

Time For Da Beach

The floor of our bungalow
I am geographically and directionally challenged.

Seriously, I am.  Really badly, to be honest.

Thatched hut life!
The view from our bungalows
That thatched hut with the stairs on the right hand side was ours!
Before Allan and I started planning this trip, I really had no idea that specific areas of Cambodia were beachfront.  As soon as I started researching Cambodia, though, I realized, very quickly, that Cambodia had some amazing beaches.  Some beaches were so great that Allan and I knew we had to spend Christmas at one of them.

Ohh...I miss this beach
The front of our hotel
The ocean was so warm.  Perfect for swimming
We left Phnom Penh by 9am, via minibus, for our 6 hour adventure to Sihanoukville.  The ride was very uneventful, though we did stop at a very sketchy roadside stand for a quick "happy break".  The toilet was one of the worst I had ever been in.  I wish I took a picture but I was so concerned with not touching anything and I had already dropped my purse on the floor so a picture was out.  Anyway, after our happy break, we got back on the road and inched closer and closer to the beautiful water.

A sunset to die for
We arrived safe and sound to the Sihanoukville bus station.  However, since our beach was further from the main beach called Serendipity, we needed to hitch another ride to our beach called Otres 2.  After haggling with a tuk-tuk driver, we snagged a ride to Otres 2 and our beautiful new home for the next 4 days.

Swimming time!
Welcome to Elephant Garden Bungalows.  Home to one of the best beachfront views I've ever seen.  Oh and thatched beachfront huts with beautiful four-poster beds.  And mosquitoes...oh, the mosquitoes.  However, for a view like this, a few (million) mosquitoes couldn't keep me away.

Sigh....
Check out this sunset though.  Wouldn't you stay despite a few million mosquitoes???


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Such a stunning place! You guys looks so happy and relaxed (you'd never know there were millions of mosquitoes)!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...