Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bali Fish Spa

Breakfast at the hotel
After spending the day looking at temples, Allan and I were more than happy to have no plans the next day. After breakfast, we left the hotel and started walking.  After we'd been walking for about 20 minutes, we were by Monkey Forest.  And since it was early the monkeys are really on the hunt for food.  I noticed a monkey circling me and before I knew what was happening, it was running at me full-steam and started to climb my leg.  I realized after this that he was trying to steal what I'd been swinging in my hands (a water bottle) so I gladly gave it to him before he infected me with rabies.... Ha.

The monkey who stole my water bottle
Walking we did.   In fact before we noticed,  we'd walked circles around Ubud.  And, man, our feet were sore.  What better thing to do than try a fish spa.  Yes, you definitely heard me right.  We decided to have little fish nibble our feet to remove all the calluses we got from walking around.

Allan's feet and legs in the tank first
I've joined in on the fish action
Check out the fish nibbling off my spray tan! 
The nibbling complete, Allan and I continued our hike to find Naughty Nuri's Warung.  For those that know me well, you're well aware of my obsession with pork ribs and BBQ sauce.  Naughty Nuri's is an infamous rib shack in Ubud.  I've been dreaming of these ribs for months and we HAD to find it while out trekking.

Nuri manning the rib grill outside the warung
Find it we did.  Outside the warung, Nuri was operating the famous grill.  I don't think I've ever been more excited to see smoking meat.  Allan and I grabbed a seat and promptly ordered our ribs.

Inside Naughty Nuri's
Lunch time.... Look at those ribs
The ribs were amazing!  Oh what succulent sauce.... And for only $8.  You really can't go wrong.  After eating, we made our way back to the hotel for a swim and some beers.  We then got ready and made our way to a mexican place for dinner called Taco Casa.  Cheap, fast and awesome.  We ordered nacho grande, tacos with chicken, a large Bintang and a margarita for under $16.  God I love Bali.

Check out these nachoes
Stay tuned as Allan is going to blog about our Balinese cooking class.

 

3 comments:

  1. Quite a day! How did the fish nibbling at your feet feel? I've heard that it tickles... I was wondering when we'd see the post about Naughty Nuri's, glad you found it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way I could stand nibbling on my feet when a manicure sends me through the roof! Good on you for doing it though... Shudder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...